APACHETA, 68” x 46”, 170 x 115 CM
COTTON FABRICS, COTTON BATTING, THREADS, MATCHSTICK QUILTING, HAND QUILTING, COMPLETELY MACHINE PIECED.
For making this quilt I was inspired by the apachetas I saw when I was in Cuzco, Peru, on the way to Machu Picchu. An apacheta (from Quechua and Aymara) is a mound of stones placed as an offering to the Pachamama (Mother Earth). I made this quilt during pandemic, asking to the Pachamama for health, compassion and love.
- December 2020, “Quilting Now” Gallery at the Virtual Quilt Festival.
- February 2021, Quiltcon Together, The Modern Quilt Guild.
- December 2021, DIVERSIA: Human rights International, smart Online group Exhibition.
- September 2022: Solo Exhibition “European Patchwork Meeting “, Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, Francia.
- November 2022: Solo Exhibition “International Quilt Festival “, Houston, USA.
Shipping to South and North America is Included in the price.
Once you pay, I will contact you personally to make any delivery arrangement.